So here’s the sales module described in 10 bullet points.
- CRM models a sales pipeline as follows:
- Leads are created (which can be converted from other records such as an email) this models an opportunity to sell.
- Leads are qualified into an opportunity (which can also create contacts and accounts). The opportunity is populated with products and price lists.
- Quotes are added to a lead, where adjustments can be made. Once ready a quote is activated
- Orders are created from an activated quote once it has been accepted by the customer.
- Invoices are created from orders that have been fulfilled.
- Configuration records for the sales pipeline are; product, price list, unit, unit group, discount, discount list and pricing option.
- With competitor tracking, it is possible to find competitors and analyse their sales strategies, their products, and what contracts they win.
- The sales pipeline can be used to assign quotas to system users and track targets.
- A sales literature item is the basic unit of the marketing encyclopaedia. For example, a business unit might decide to have an article about a specific product.
Want to know more about sales in 13 minutes and 35 seconds? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEXm14DJSRg