- Resources in CRM are users, facilities and equipment. These are required to perform a service.
- They each have a calendar of working hours which indicates when they are available
- They can each be given a site where they are used
- Resource groups can be used to group resources together to aid scheduling
- The business closure calendar indicates times when all resources are unavailable
- A service has selection rules which require certain resources.
- A service activity is scheduled using a service. Once a service is selected CRM generates available times based on the selection rules and working hours of the resources. Once scheduled a service activity will appear in the workplace calendar.
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syTtn-IdCC4 (2.35)