Similar to my previous post here is the marketing module described in 8 bullet points.
- The marketing module is used to create leads for the sales module
- It is possible to market to contacts, accounts and leads
- Marketing List; populated dynamically (via an Advanced Find) or statically with records from CRM. Marketing lists can be used to create large numbers of correspondence activities such as phone calls.
- Planning activities – steps to manage the actual running of the campaign
- Campaign activities – steps to communicate with customers, it has marketing lists which are the customers to be contacted.
- Campaign responses – customer responses from a campaign activity
- Quick Campaign, uses a marketing list to create a light-weight campaign
A very sales orientated video from MS: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMEJiajYkKg (8.40)
A better but longer video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK5DFaqKj_Q&feature=related (24.33)