So I’ve got an entity which has two very similar and very long forms. I made changes to one form which I needed to replicate on the other. I didn’t want to do that manually because that seemed like a very tedious and longwinded piece of work. So instead I used some code.
I did this using an IronPython script and Determination my IronPython/CRM 2011 tool.
So last week I had to clear out 1000’s of waiting workflows which had error codes in a CRM 2011 environment. I did this using an IronPython script and Determination my IronPython/CRM 2011 tool.
Its a pretty straight forward task, first deactivate the workflow (oddly, using an update call and not SetStateDynamic) and then delete the record. For those interested in performing such a task here is the full source.
connection = Microsoft.Xrm.Client.CrmConnection.Parse(r'[connection string goes here]')
service = Microsoft.Xrm.Client.Services.OrganizationService(connection)
query = Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Query.QueryExpression('asyncoperation')
query.Criteria = Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Query.FilterExpression()
query.Criteria.AddCondition('statuscode', Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.Query.ConditionOperator.Equal, 10)
result = service.RetrieveMultiple(query)
for r in result.Entities:
r['statecode'] = Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OptionSetValue(3)
r['statuscode'] = Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OptionSetValue(32)